Sunday, February 24, 2008

Pottery Works

For all of you who know me, art is a huge part of my life. For those of you who are not aware of a place known as "Potteryworks" it is this amazing place where you can, long story short, paint pottery. I have always had a special place in my heart for these places, but recently become obsessed! I went with my friend Allyson yesterday to one here in Baton Rouge. I had to introduce her to this wonderful world of clay, paint, and little girl fascination. It sounds easy enough, but you quickly become overwhelmed by choices and your imagination begins to set into overload. After about hour 1 we finally decided what we would attempt, next, however, is to actually create this masterpiece we had built up in our heads. It is amazing how fast time flies when having fun! After the 3 hour mark, we got kicked out and had to go back today to finish. Allyson was able to finish 3 pieces in the time it took me to make my cookie jar! She made a Fleur-de-li platter, a bat for her friend she nicknames "batman" and an adorable tile with monkeys on it for another friend of hers. Needless to say our pieces turned out great and we can't wait to get them back after being fired! below are some pics of us creating our pieces today. I will post pictures of the final products as soon as they return.

Going blind from staring at the detail
Allyson working hard!

My cookie jar in the works


Allyson's monkeys "before" shot


Monkeys "after" shot... Isn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen??!!


Cookie Jar finished... front view


Cookie Jar... rear view (sexy, aint it?!)

1 comment:

Stori said...

Oh my gosh - will you take me?? I'd love to go to one of those! It looks like we' both kind of busy between you going to Hawaii (I am sooooo jealous!!!) and I have two weddings, but maybe sometime in April?

Love,
Stori

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...