So, as my husband liked to put it when I asked him what he thought, why not spell it out for ‘em?? literally.
My FIL cut out the wood letters for me upon my request. I know he probably thinks I am crazy with all of the weird little requests I have for him… like cutting out the letters T R E A T and S… Thanks Ronnie for humoring me!!!
Here’s how I made them:
1. I painted the sides of the letters purple. I am disappointed with this color because, after 2 coats, it came out darker than I wanted so you can’t even tell it’s purple now. booo!
3. Cut the letters out then adhered the paper letters to the wood letters using Modge Podge.
5. Let the paint dry then added a coat of Modge Podge to the top and sides.
** Side note: I try to get my kids involved in my projects so Avery was “helping” me when this happened:
This is what happens when you share a craft room with toddlers……
ok, back to the letters.
6. I still felt like they needed a little more so I found some jewels that I decided to add. I think they add just enough sparkle with out being too gaudy.
7. Finally, How to hang them?? I was 1 too short of picture hangers to nail to the back so I had to get creative. I found some flat thumb tacks that were super easy to push into the drywall (yes, I tested it out and yes, there is a random hole in the wall now lol) I glued them down to the back of each letter and it worked great!!here and I typically order several bottles at once, but it is worth it!!
8. I centered them up on the wall, pushed the pins into the drywall and…. voila!