Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Unemployed

For those of you who do not know already, I have been unemployed now for about 2 weeks. Unfortunately our jobs are one of the first to go when people are not spending money. It is just the nature of the business and I knew this would happen at some point, I just hoped it would hold out for me to get my NCIDQ (the test I take to become a certified Designer). I am only 6 months away from my 2 year employment mark! ugh!
I just wanted to give all of my fellow Interior Designers a fair warning that it is a rough market out there! If you still have your job, be thankful! I hope you don't lose yours either!
If you know me well, you will know that not being busy drives me crazy and I can not stand it!! I went out and applied for 6 jobs already. If you know me, you will also know that I am not good at rejection either. lol.
All I can say is there is a reason and I have to trust that God will lead me in the right direction. Who knows where that will end up.
Wish me luck out there

2 comments:

Kendall and Brooks said...

Hey - where in LA do you live??? My dad has a little satellitle office in Lafayette with just 2 designers there. I will ask and see if they could use some extra help or even some contract work.

Laura said...

Keep your eyes out for anything in the Heathcare Field! People are always getting sick, having babies and dying. I know it's tough (I was jobless last year at this time!) but keep your head up high... you're an amazing designer and the Lord will lead you to the perfect job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...