Season 5 is over :(
The episode was pretty amazing! They have opened a whole new "can of worms" when it comes to questions. Here is my attempt to list all of my outstanding questions and comments in as best of an order as I can get them:
1.Jacob makes the point to say in the beginning that "there is only one ending, everything that happens prior is just progress." I take this to mean that You can not change the future.
2. Jacob also never ages and shows up everywhere. Where did he come from? Why are these characters special? Why choose them? Why does he heal some people (John) and not others (Nadia)?
3. Who is the guy wearing the black shirt at the beginning? He is obviously Jacob's enemy. Jacob was wearing white; are they supposed to represent good vs. evil?
4. I am really sad that my theory that John Locke is Jacob did not pan out. It did in a way, though, since the bad guy took over Locke's body...
5. Richard is the only character that shows up in 1977 and present time
6. I was so glad that they found Rose and Bernard and they have been taking care of Vincent! They have sure turned into a bunch of hippies, though! I am happy for them.
7. Who does Radensky think he is, taking control of everyone and everything?!
8. If John is not John and the bad guy is using his body, how does he have all of John's memories, thoughts, and feelings?
9. Obviously the other passengers from the Ajira flight are working for Jacob, this is why "Locke" wants to kill them
10. Why can't the bad guy kill Jacob himself?
11. What did they mean by "candidate" when referring to Lapidus?
12. How did John's body get into the cargo crate? Is someone working for the "black shirt guy"?
13. How did "black shirt guy" go about taking over Locke's body? I would love to see that!
14. Obviously "black shirt guy" orchestrates the whole thing! He is the one that tells Richard to tell John that he would have to get everyone back to the island and would have to die to do it. This is when he is able to take over his body, causing the chain of events to start
15. The Ship at the beginning is possibly the Black Rock. Maybe when it got close to the island it traveled back in time to the Egyptian time.
16. The "war" that has been mentioned is not between Widmore and Ben, as we thought, it is between Jacob and "black shirt guy" which could also mean good vs. evil
17. Jacob knew that Ben had come to kill him and he know that it was "black shirt guy" in John's body. How did he know that? Why didn't he stop Ben?
18. what's the deal with the loop hole?
19. Whoever built the Dharma houses knew about the Temple since there was access through the house
20. I can't believe they killed Sayid!!! I hope he gets healed or isn't really dead
21. What is the significance of the cabin and the ash?
22. The guy that is with Elana is the same guy that kidnapped Miles in the van and told him not to go to the island
23. I thought it was kinda lame that Jin had to write down is vows at their wedding... it was only like 2 lines! lol
24. Juliet is such a girl! I hate all of that unnecessary drama that she had to throw in there about not having to lose Sawyer. He said he loved her, so she should believe him and stop being dumb!
25. I didn't like Juliet but I didnt want her to die. I feel bad for Sawyer!
26. It's about time that Jack and Sawyer got into a fist fight! It was hilarious to watch Jack stumble around in the background after the fight!
27. Who is Christian!! Where is Claire!!!
28. Why did Jacob have a guitar? I think that he brought it to Hurley so that when Hurley is back on the island in 1977 he can place it in the woods where he knew that Locke could find it for Charlie, back in season 1. Hurley always missed Charley and probably does this to make him feel good
29. Did the bomb explosion blow up the statue?
30. I like Miles' theory. I was thinking it all along and so when he said it I was really happy!
31. When Jacob dies, he says "They're coming." Who was he talking about? Elana and his other helpers?
Check out Stori and Laura's reviews, too. They have some pretty good input.