Monday, July 12, 2010

Avery... 5 Months

Picture Taken By Tanya Pabor

Today we had our 5 month check up. (Her pediatrician was out last week so we had to do it a week late) She weighed in at 16 lbs 7 oz and is 26.5 inches long. That puts her in the 75% for weight and 90% for height.
Her little personality is really starting to blossom, too. She is starting to laugh a lot! Her favorite movie is Baby Einstein's "Baby Noah." I guess it's all the animals, but she will daze out and sit quietly when that movie is on. No other captivates her like that one does (including Barney).

I will admit that I did break down and buy her 2 Barney DVDs. I can't believe that I did, let alone I am admitting it! I have to swallow my pride on that one! lol The sing-a-long ones aren't that bad, I guess. ;)

She is beginning to tuck her legs under when she is laying on her tummy and starts to push. It's really funny 'cuz then she ends up scooting on her face. She doesn't do it on a regular basis, but when she isn't tired already, I can get her to do it. Here's a step-by-step:


Her arms are not quite strong enough to support her yet but she will sometimes push up out of frustration like the last picture.

She is also rolling over a lot! I will set her down to do something and turn around and she has flipped herself over. Here she is rolling over to grab one of her toys:

She is trying so despiratly to sit up, too. She crunches up and strains to pull up but she can't quite do it yet. The doctor tried to get her to sit up but she kept pushing up to stand. He said that he was impressed at how active she was and that "she is her own worst enemy" on learning to sit since she wants to stand more. lol Thank goodness for the exercauser and jumperoo 'cuz my arms would fall off without them to give me a break.

All in all she is growing so fast and making huge strides. As her doctor puts it, "she's perfect!"

1 comment:

Stori said...

Perfect she is!

I LOVE the pictures of her trying to sit up :).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...