Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Avery 12 Months

... and 10 days. I sure hope that Avery doesnt take it personally that I am 10 days late wishing her a happy birthday on my dear ole' blog! Her birthday was a blast but I was crazy busy and the week that followed only sped up and we all got a stomach virus to add to it! So, here I am with a few free minutes that I can finally make her birthday post. A quick snapshot of the birthday girl running around the kitchen
We had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme for her party. It was a lot of fun, although a lot of people cancelled at the last minute due to illness, so it turned out to be a pretty small crowd but we are so grateful for everyone's birthday wishes
and love for our little girl!
Here are some more pictures from the party:







I was crazy enough to make both of her cakes.... The lamb above is a tradition in our family to be the smash cake.



Can you read all over my face what I was thinking while trying to open presents with a 1-year old that likes to eat tissue paper?? lolThe rocking horse her Pappy made :)


Annie and Avery riding the wagon she got from Pappy and Nanna. She would ride this all day if I let her!

Now, for some of what she is up to these days...
Weight: 21.10 lbs (60%)
Height: 31 inches (95%)

*aware of her bodily functions: not so cute, but she giggles everytime she makes a noise, lol
*cartoons in bed: On Saturdays we love to get her up and watch cartoons in bed. She seems to think our bed is a playground instead of laying nicely and cuddling... maybe that will come when she is a bit older.
*puts toys in boxes/cubbies
*tries to brush her hair
*knows her shoes and socks go on her feet and her bows go on her head
*crosses her fingers
*climbing
: sits in her chair and climbs up and down steps
*picky eater: when I say picky, I mean PICKY!!! I can't get her to eat anything except her little Gerber snacks. SO ANNOYING!
*puts things in the diaper jeanie: She loves to stuff her laundry and her baby doll in the hole of the diaper jeanie and pull the handle down. Gross!
*flushes the toilet and plays with toilet paper: This is our biggest vice these days
*catching on to the sippy cup: She is getting better but not good enough for me to start weanning off bottles, yet.
*claps her hands: I love this! she gets so excited and claps her hands over everything. It's precious :)

4 comments:

Reese, Nate, & Kristina said...

You're doing so much better than me on documenting what she's doing. I swore I would write a lot in her book and have sucked, quite honestly :-(

Rachel Green said...

Jess!! Avery is such a beautiful girl!! Just like her Momma!! You are setting such high standards with those cakes!! A-MAZING!! I guess I need to start my cake baking skills now! Yikes! :/

I love you Mickey Mouse theme! So on a lighter, more humorous note, I've got to share a story. When I was little (walking, talking, attitude appearing age) ALL I wanted was a Mickey Mouse birthday party. Apparently I was such a brat that even to this dang day, my Mom brings up that she used to threaten me with "NO MICKEY MOUSE BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR YOU!" and she got a flood of tears and a terrifying fit!

See, you know me, so you'll know it has to be completely made up and ridiculous! Right? :)

Lisa said...

I hate that I missed her birthday party, her present his here at STori's please remind Stori to get it to you, things are pretty crazy around here right now, with the move and everyone getting sick this week. We didn't get as much done as we would have liked, but Stori filled me in on the birthday party and how happy Avery is (I can see how beautiful she is in her pictures). Hope to see you all soon.

Stori said...

I can't believe I didn't comment! Where has my brain gone???

We LOVE Avery!!! I'm so glad I could spend her birthday with her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...