Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Norah's Outfit Part 2

The banket....I thought this would be the easiest part of the set I would have to do... wrong!

Since I do not own a ruffling foot for my sewing machine, I had to make the ruffle by hand. Holy Moly was I wrong when I thought that wouldn't take long to do!! I did the calculations on how much ruffle I needed which ended up being 114"; which meant I had to make a 208" strip of fabric that would "scrunch" down to that size. It took me forever to get it even ruffled and then to try and keep the ruffle consistant over the whole strip didn't make it any easier. Several nap times and evenings of ruffling has ended up with a ruffling foot on my long wish list, lol.

All in all, I think it turned out great and I decided to applique a "N" to the bottom corner just to give it a little something extra.

Next, on to the onsie...

1 comment:

Meemy said...

I told you, you could borrow mine....It still would have taken as much if not more fabric, however. Everything turned out really cute!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...