Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Yellow Nails?

Ok, so this might be the most unglamorous post I have done, but I know that every girl that paints her toe nails has this problem… yellow nails. It’s impossible to avoid; especially if you paint your nails red or a dark color.
I tried lots of solutions…
Baking soda and water; didn’t work
lemon juice; didn’t work
non acetone nail polish remover; didn’t work
buffing; didn’t work
I wanted to try hydrogen peroxide next but I am out, so I went for my last resort: Clorox.
I hesitated to do this since it just sounds so harsh but it actually worked!!
I dissolved 1 TBS Clorox with 1 cup warm water. I let them soak for about 30 seconds then buffed them, soaked them again for another 30 seconds and buffed again. It worked so good! My nails are so pretty and clear that I have actually gone with out polish for several days now!
I went and got some of this base coat to try next time I paint to see if it helps.
base coat

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...