Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New Makeup Obsession

I have spent a ridiculous amount of money trying to find the right foundation and or powder over the past year. When I was in high school and college I was super tan and had beautiful clear skin so I hated wearing any kind of powder or foundation; I didn’t need to and I wish I could go back to those days. sigh…. For about 3 or 4 years I wore Bare Minerals powder foundation but recently I started to feel like it wasn’t giving me the coverage I needed and the colors never seemed to match that well. I think I tried about 4 different colors of just that one brand. So, I decided to try cheaper stuff down the drug store isle. No luck. Either it was too dry of a powder and would brush right off, or it left my skin feeling really oily. I had enough! I was told that MAC was awesome but dragging the girls to the mall is SUCH A PAIN so I kept putting it off. I finally had a break away and went by their booth and had them do my makeup and match my skin. Let me just tell you, when picking out makeup, let someone else match your skin and make sure to try it right there. It is a huge waste of money to do the whole “trial and error” method with makeup!! These are the products I ended up loving:
Pro Longwear Liquid Foundation
foundation
I actually ended up buying this one because they did not have my color in the Pro Longwear. I like it just fine but I liked the pump on the other one better.
Studio Fix Fluid
foundation 2
Apply the foundation with this brush. It gives you a great airbrush look and buffs the foundation beautifullly!
187 Duo Fibre Face Brush
brush
I have also had my eye on this lipstick since my sister wore it in her wedding and so I went ahead and bought it while I was there. It is a great neutral that I like to wear as my every day lipstick. I am not big on wearing colored lipsticks so this one is perfect for me!
powder
lipstick
I really liked their primer but I did not get it cuz I have some right now. Hopefully getting it soon!
primer
I am totally obsessed with their makeup now and I highly recommend it to anyone!! It isn’t cheap but it also is not as much as I spent playing the trial and error game, either! It’s also not as much as other lines I looked at. Plus, this is your face that everyone looks at, treat it right! Smile

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...