Thursday, January 6, 2011

Avery 11 Months






Avery is such a happy baby!! I get asked all the time if she is always so "smiley" and of course, I respond with "Yes, as long as she's not tired! lol"

Here are a few developments that we have noticed this month:


1. She has a total of 6 teeth now. This has helped so much with her eating solids! She is off all baby food and eating table food now. I have to say that it gets pretty hard to find new things to give her that are easy to eat, small, not too strong of flavors, and of course nutritious. I feel like I give her the same things all the time. I am really going to have to get more creative at the grocery store.

2. She can stand securely on her own for good amounts of time. She even stood up a few times with out pulling up on anything!! I think it surprised her as much as it did me, lol. She is taking a few steps but still needs the confidence and more balance to take off. It won't be long now!

3. As I have pointed out here, she LOVES pillows! If there is one in reach, she is taking it!

4. She has some new dance moves... also mentioned here. No matter how many times she does it, it's funny every time! For some reason "Jingle Bells" would really get her going!

5. Santa brought her a baby doll for Christmas and she has been attached every since. It's not quite as special as her blanket, but its right up there in the ranks!

6. We've hit a milestone this week.... She is weening herself of needing a bottle to go to sleep. Now, I know a lot of people would shake their finger at me and say that was a bad habit to get into, and maybe it was, but it happened. Up until just recently she has wanted a bottle to go to sleep. Now, she still wants one for comfort, but she doesn't need it to go to sleep. At night, and sometimes at nap time, she will drink for a few minutes, then spit it out and roll around in my arms as if to tell me "Mom, I'm ready to get into my bed now!" So, I've been putting her in bed awake and she just rolls over and goes to sleep. It's AWESOME!! I know people say I should have trained her a long time ago to do that, but I have always believed that things like that they eventually grow out of... What's the rush??


Anyways, now it's time to start planning her first birthday! I can't believe it!! Invites are already out and decorations are bought. My baby isn't such a baby anymore... :(


3 comments:

Stori said...

Good girl! I am sad that she is so big, but I can't wait to go to her first birthday!!!

I don't think there's anything wrong with a bottle to sleep.

I agree it is awesome to put babies down and have them put themselves to sleep... I just wish Isla would remember how! She seems to have forgotten... :)

Barbara G said...

do they still have those gerber finger foods in the baby food section?

Suzie Home-Maker said...

barbara: yes, I have tried them... she just throws them around, lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...