My parents had a ton of ceramic pots that they were getting rid of so I grabbed a few that I thought would have some potential for a project or two.
So, I took the girls to Lowes and we picked out some flowers that we could plant and put on our breakfast table. I was originally thinking about doing seeds for a vegetable but I think I will leave that for one of the larger pots. Here’s the 3 we chose to paint:
and the flowers that Avery picked out:
I wasn’t too crazy about the pink but since they had some solid white I was ok with it. (I really didn’t care what she picked because honestly, I don’t have much of a green thumb so we may be replanting soon ha!)
We picked this yellow which actually turned out really pretty!
Once they had 2 coats of paint and 2 coats of polycrylic (I put a clear coat since I could already tell that the paint would chip really easily), I needed to seal the hole at the bottom. I did not have the plates for the bottom so I will just have to water a little at a time.
I first put some duck tape on the bottom.
Then I went to look for some caulk in the garage but found plumber’s putty instead. I think it will work just fine.
I plugged the hole then tested it with a little water and there wasn’t a leak so it seems to be a success!
Now, it was time to plant the flowers. Avery actually loved getting dirty…. for a few minutes. Then insisted that we wash hands and clean up our mess! haha she is such a girl!
Here they are on the table! I think it turned out pretty nice!
Such a simple little project can be so much fun!…. for toddlers, too!
Now, if I can just get the curtains made!!! It would really make everything come together!