Thursday, May 30, 2013

Encaustic Painting

Here is the second art technique that I think would be fun to do with my photos.
Back in April, a friend and I went to The Woodlands Art Festival. It was so nice to get out of the house just us girls and do something that we are both very interested in! Thanks Tammy for going with me!!
While we were there I discovered a type of art that I had never seen before I am was instantly intrigued! I couldn’t get any of the artists to tell me all of their secrets (understandably, I guess) but I  had to know how they did it!
Let me back up. If you have not heard of Encaustic painting, it is basically painting with wax. The possibilities are endless and you can transfer images to the wax and layer paint and colors and objects all within the wax.I knew instantly that this is exactly what I want to do with my photography.
Here’s some examples:
deadflowers01
AirTraffic-8x8
Aren't these beautiful?! I love art that has depth and dimension and texture to it! I have been doing some Googling on techniques and it definitely looks like something I would fall in love with doing. The only problem? It is not simple to get started in. I do not have any of the tools or the set up for it. I found some classes in Houston that I would just love to take one day. Maybe once the kids are in school…..
post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...