Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pillow Shams

Remember this quilt?? Remember how I said it was going to take me a while to complete? Well, it is not taking me "a while"... It's taking me FOREVER! Actually, I have the top all pieced together. That's been done for a while now and is folded up in the corner of my room waiting to be worked on again. I still need to piece the backing and then take it to be top stitched (my machine can't sew that big of a quilt), and then the binding needs to be added.

Now that I am done with the top I have lots of left over fabric, so, I decided to make some matching pillow shams. I thought about going to buy a pattern but I'm cheap, so, true to my style, I made one up! lol This is my idea of a pattern:

I know what I want it to look like in the end, so i just basically am using this sketch to keep the measurements and numbers all in front of me so I don't cut anything wrong.
Here is the layout I am going to go for:


The borders and binding will be the exact same as the quilt. (You can't tell, but the green and white fabric that is going to go next to the cream and white has small dots of that blue that will be the binding) I just picked my favorite combination of the fabric I had left over to make 4 squares. Now, I just need to go find something simple to do the lining and back of the shames.
Hopefully I can make these soon. I don't think I will take me long at all, it's just a matter of getting it out and doing it!

Geez, I really hope Avery likes this bedding!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...