I mentioned here that I will be doing lots to this room. Before baby #3 gets here, I want to get this room done since our current guestroom will become this baby’s nursery. Therefore, I will need to make this room a guestroom as well! Here are some of my plans:
1. The new toy storage. I plan to get my dad to help me build this in January. I have a rough sketch of what I want and plan to paint it grey. There is a TV mount on the wall and we currently have a 40” TV hanging there so the shelving has to work around that.
2. the new sleeper sofa. I know most people hate these but it’s really the only option I can think of right now and I promise to get a mattress topper for it! I need to go try them out but La-Z-Boy has come a long way on their designs and I want to get something super durable and comfy!! I like this design and I will probably pick a grey fabric
3. Throw Pillows. I may make these if I find fabric I like more but for $36 for 2 pillows, I think that’s pretty good!
4. The window treatments. I thought about making them… for about 5 minutes. lol Then, I found these and really like them so I opted to just buy them. If you can’t tell I am going with a grey and yellow color scheme. I love the combination and its very gender neutral and isn’t too “kidish” for when this room is no longer a toy room.
5. I plan to have Avery and Norah do some art for the walls (probably grey and yellow) and get them framed in some simple white frames like these
6. I would really like to get a decal for the wall. here’s a few I am looking at
All of these can be found on etsy.com
7. Oh! and the best part is that this table that I refinished a while back will be a PERFECT side table for the sofa!! I love it when things like that work out so wonderfully!
I can not wait to do a big reveal of the finished product! I hope it comes out as good as I have planned in my head!